Is int10h video card initialization possible on amd64?

I have tried to run X on a secondary graphichs card.  It needs
int10 initialization, which works fine when using ia32.  But
the same XF86Config-4 fails with pure64:

Here is the end of the log:

(II) RADEON(0): Using 8 bits per RGB (8 bit DAC)
(II) Loading sub module "int10"
(II) LoadModule: "int10"
(II) Reloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
(II) RADEON(0): initializing int10
(**) RADEON(0): Option "InitPrimary" "on"
(II) Truncating PCI BIOS Length to 53248

  *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
  *** be the reason for the server aborting.

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Is there any special tricks to get int10 working on amd64?  Is is possible at
all, or will I have to find some card that doesn't need bios initialization?

I can compile my own X if need be, but it is not something I'll try just
to "see if it might help".

Helge Hafting