Re: ATI and SiS users: please test SVN trunk

fre 2004-05-21 klockan 09.07 skrev Branden Robinson:
> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:53:24PM +0200, Björn Nitzler wrote:
> > Good afternoon, a brief test report. following the nice instructions it builds
> > fine. libx11-dev fails to install properly though.
>
> Can you describe this problem, please

well i had an up to date as of yesterday install of debian unstable, and
besides my usual fix of packages ;) i had done an apt-get install
kde-devel so x devel packages was installed and when i did the dpkg -iO
*.deb stuff it failed on that package. fixed it by apt-get -f install
and it then removed some of the devel packages. 4 of them if i remember
correct.Can't check the version at my machine for the moment but i have
a vague remeberance of some strange versioning combination in one of the
devel packages.

> > my platform is i386 (athlon) on a via chipset.  graphic card is a
> > radeon 7500 (rv200qw) DRI and OpenGL 3d works fine.  tried playing
> > return to castle wolfenstein and run glxgears.Have been running it
> > since early this morning.  XVideo works fine.everything seem normal to
> > me.
forgot to mention that opengl screensavers still flickers badly.

> Thanks for the report!
your welcome, thanks for the packages :)
> > one old 3d game i have called RUNE still hard locks the computer
> > though(this game worked in xfree 4.2.1).
>
> Hmmm, so this broke with XFree86 4.3.0 but didn't get worse on the SVN
> trunk?

That would be correct, one odd fact is (have been wrestling a bit with
this card since i bought it when xfree86 announced full 3d support and
released it with half broken xvideo and a hard hanging rtcw game;).
long rambling.. just ignore. The funny fact is that the card works
perfect with both those games and all other stuff i have tried if i ran
the cvs debian packages from michael däenzer at the DRI site. and as a
side note since im already testing lots of stuff this week is that
Fedora's xorg packages also works fine.

friendly regards >> Björn Nitzler