Re: problem with left-handed mouse on X - is GPM to blame or is it X?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:14:32AM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> 1) The information about using GPM's -B option is incorrect.  As you can see
> from the enclosed configs, I already use -B 321, but this is ignored by X.

Zeph, can you comment on this?

Is -B 321 really broken, or only broken for the "raw" repeat type?  I
think I can imagine why it might not work for the "raw" repeat type.

> 2) xmodmap has been broken since XFree 4.3.0.  Any xmodmap receipe I had left
> from 4.2.1 either results in broken keyboard maps or in is simply ignored.

This is because the XKB configuration data has been overhauled.

xmodmap has been deprecated for years.

> Honnestly, the correct action would be for X to follow the button order
> configured for GPM.  I really wonder why that fails.

If you use the "raw" repeat type, there may be no way it *can* work.

Zeph, can you help clear up this issue?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy