Re: radeon VT switch broken in 4.3.0-0pre1v5

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:51:09PM -0700, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> I just found the thread on the VT problems with i830.  I've a Radeon
> R250 in my laptop and have the same problem.  With the generic driver
> and 4.2 from Sarge things were fine.  I just get no VT switching with
> the experimental 4.3 packages, since I started using them (-0pre1v3
> IIRC).
>
> I never filed a bug because I was under the impression we weren't to
> file bugs on experimental packages...

You shouldn't file bugs with the Debian BTS regarding *unofficial*
packages.  That's because Debian doesn't distribute those, and often
can't do anything to resolve such reports.

It is perfectly fine to file bugs with the Debian BTS regarding official
Debian packages in the experimental distribution, which -0pre1v3 is.

It would but helpful, but is not mandatory, if you would tag the bug
"experimental" when filing it.  If you don't know how to do this, then
don't worry about it.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this problem, and please do feel
free to file a bug report, if one hasn't been filed already.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "To be is to do"   -- Plato
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "To do is to be"   -- Aristotle