Re: Crusoe-Bug with XFree86 / How to patch?

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:49:30AM +0100, Ilja Gerhardt wrote:
[...]
> I fetched the source with apt-get source & am able to build the package
> with dpkg-buildpackage...
[...]
> But: How do I supply an additional patch (passing -O1
> -fomit-frame-pointer to my gcc) - I tried to manage this... But I am
> still a bit clueless. Where is the gcc command to pass it? Should I pass
> it to CcCmd? There are hunderds of gcc defined with different rules all
> over the place -
>
> I would be glad, if you could give me a hint how to write a patch to the
> program.

I would just change line 69 of debian/rules from:

IMAKE_DEFINES:=-DXFree86CustomVersion='\"Debian $(SOURCE_VERSION) $(TIMESTAMP) $(BUILDER)\"'

 to:

IMAKE_DEFINES:=-DXFree86CustomVersion='\"Debian $(SOURCE_VERSION) $(TIMESTAMP) $(BUILDER)\"' -DDefaultGcc2OptimizeOpt=-O0

That's plenty good enough for a private version of the packages.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Every aristocracy that has ever
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    existed has behaved, in all