Re: dri_util.c:157: warning: pointer targets differ in signedness.

--- Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie> wrote:

> > I know, this causes a problem for any one building Xfree86 DRI.  We
> need
> > to fold the DRI xc tree into Xfree86 or stop using Xfree86
> alltogether.
>
> > I'm talking about 2d Xdrivers, where current MergedFB is built.  I
> think
> > these can be built with the Mesa/lib/r200_dri.so files that live in
> > X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so?
>
> here you are talking about 2D drivers, mergedfb is a 2D thing really,
> it's
> been merged into Xorg, but not XFree86, take it up with XFree86,
>
> Alanh merges DRI changes into the XFree86 tree still on a regular basis,
> but mergedfb isn't really a DRI change it was just developed in the DRI
> tree as the XFree86 tree was too closed shop for anyone to use... so I
> don't think he can merge it into the XFree86 tree (I've no idea how
> their
> developers work or don't...)

This unfortunatly will not help with snapshots or Debian.  When Debian's
next realese sarge is frozen no more upgrades from the Xfree86 tree will
be made.

Untill recent changes to the Mesa tree have made building the DRI xc tree
next to imposible this has not been a problem.  Now that the "xc tree is
dead" Debian users who wish to run DRI snapshots are left with ought any
*GOOD* way of doing so.