Re: ATTENTION BRANDEN AND DANIEL

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 00:49 -0800, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:00:49PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I confirm that this configuration is deliberate.  You can read into that
> > whatever you like, but if you care to hold opinions that aren't at wide
> > variance with reality, then you should be advised that the reason has
> > nothing to do with spam, and everything to do with the extremely abusive
> > tone you take with me in private communications (both in email[2] and
> > IRC[3]).
>
> As you wish, I will not communicate with you, except where you may read
> anything I write via various public fora.
[...] (obvious reason)

> > You may instead direct your rhetoric to public forums, where your approach
> > to teamwork can be judged by your peers.
> >
> > You can communicate information to me about embargoed security issues in
> > packages I maintain via the Debian Security Team[1].  Additionally, when
> > such matters relate to XFree86 or any other package maintained by the X
> > Strike Force, you can also communicate such information to me via Fabio or
> > another person in the Uploaders: field of the package in question.
>
> As per your wish, I will deal exclusively with Fabio, who doesn't see
> fit to frequently post private communications to public lists.  I am
> sorry that it has come to this where we cannot even co-operate on issues
> as critical to Debian as security vulnerabilites in the standard X
> implementations (which, it should be mentioned, are far from
> hypothetical).

Please, are we capable of having this mediated out. I know that the both
of you are understanding people. Can we please have a bit of compromise
from both of you on this issue?

There is a time and a place for this kind of rhetoric, but this with
Sarge Pending, is neither the time nor the place (nor the era) for this
kind of thing to get in the way of getting things done. There are FAR to
many things to put this energy to rather than bickering and wasting your
valuable abilities on this. Both of you are valuable to me, valuable in
such ways that I need not worry *IF* something is addressed, but in how
I could use a stopwatch to measure the swiftness with which things are
done.

I know, silly me being a greedy little Debian user (actually that is
funny as I am not exactly little either 330#). If I need to, I'll just
sit on both of you until this is settled or at least manageable for all
parties concerned.

Sincerely, with an offer to mediate.

With such a wonderful signature generated by the:

Surrealist Compliment Generator
http://www.madsci.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/~lynn/jardin/SCG

This has got to mean something.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The phase of your hallucinations reminds me of those balmy days when the
championship mould was breeding, when the fish were long, and so were
the valued floats of men we drank through narrow straws...