Re: ATTENTION BRANDEN ROBINSON

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:44:23AM -0800, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Branden,
> I would like to talk to you about security issues, but unfortunately
> your mail server is slandering me as a spammer; I find this
> unacceptable, as I have never been involved in spam.  I have never
> profited from it or aided others in profiting in it, and I find it
> simply despicable.  I suggest disabling these so-called 'anti-spam'
> strategies, since they often unfairly target innocent victims, such as
> myself.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
>   branden+debian@deadbeast.net
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<branden+debian@deadbeast.net>:
>     host necrotic.deadbeast.net [216.37.46.189]: 554 <daniel@fooishbar.org>:
>     Sender address rejected: Access denied

This accuses you of nothing.  Nothing in the above message makes any
reference to spam or an anti-spam blacklist.  It simply says that "access"
to my SMTP server is "denied".

I confirm that this configuration is deliberate.  You can read into that
whatever you like, but if you care to hold opinions that aren't at wide
variance with reality, then you should be advised that the reason has
nothing to do with spam, and everything to do with the extremely abusive
tone you take with me in private communications (both in email[2] and
IRC[3]).

You may instead direct your rhetoric to public forums, where your approach
to teamwork can be judged by your peers.

You can communicate information to me about embargoed security issues in
packages I maintain via the Debian Security Team[1].  Additionally, when
such matters relate to XFree86 or any other package maintained by the X
Strike Force, you can also communicate such information to me via Fabio or
another person in the Uploaders: field of the package in question.

[1] pub 1024R/363CCD95 1998-11-24 Debian Security Contact <debian-security-private@lists.debian.org>
[2] One recent example: "Fuck the code of conduct."
[3] An example from IRC yesterday: "fix your fucking mail server".  In
    response to that, I have configured my IRC client to ignore messages
    from you.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    belly laugh.