Re: ATTENTION BRANDEN ROBINSON

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:00:49PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I confirm that this configuration is deliberate.  You can read into that
> whatever you like, but if you care to hold opinions that aren't at wide
> variance with reality, then you should be advised that the reason has
> nothing to do with spam, and everything to do with the extremely abusive
> tone you take with me in private communications (both in email[2] and
> IRC[3]).

As you wish, I will not communicate with you, except where you may read
anything I write via various public fora.

< Overfiend> DANIELS: YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD
< Overfiend>  MOTHER FUCKING YEAH
< Overfiend> augh.  You know, I love Nathanael Nerode for all the help
he gave me with 4.3.0, but GOD DAMN DOES THIS GUY EVER FUCKING NEED AN
MUA THAT DOESN'T BREAK THREADS.
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
< Overfiend> FUCKING BASTARDS
< Overfiend> FUCKING MORONIC PIECE OF **SHIT**
< Overfiend> YOU LOOK FOR GOD DAMN FUCKING -lX11 EXACTLY WHERE YOU WERE
TOLD TO, YOU GRABASSTIC PIECE OF DOG-FELLATING SHIT
< Overfiend> THEY FUCKING REWROTE THE MOUSE DRIVER
<@Overfiend> I'D LIKE TO RAPE THE BUILDDS WITH A CHAINSAW FOR FUCKING ME
LIKE THIS
<@Overfiend> ALL THAT FUCKING WORK AND LAMONT DIDN'T FIX THE .INSTALL
FILE?!?!?!!
< Overfiend> AND READ THE FUCKING BUG LOGS
< Overfiend> FUCKING SCREEN BUG

> You may instead direct your rhetoric to public forums, where your approach
> to teamwork can be judged by your peers.
>
> You can communicate information to me about embargoed security issues in
> packages I maintain via the Debian Security Team[1].  Additionally, when
> such matters relate to XFree86 or any other package maintained by the X
> Strike Force, you can also communicate such information to me via Fabio or
> another person in the Uploaders: field of the package in question.

As per your wish, I will deal exclusively with Fabio, who doesn't see
fit to frequently post private communications to public lists.  I am
sorry that it has come to this where we cannot even co-operate on issues
as critical to Debian as security vulnerabilites in the standard X
implementations (which, it should be mentioned, are far from
hypothetical).

Daniel

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>