Re: Xsession and login shells

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:55:20PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Can anyone think of alternatives?  How can we solve this problem for
> our users?

Stop advising people to put in .*login and .profile files what they should
be putting in .{bash,zsh,etc.}rc files instead, guarded by if [ -n "$PS1" ]
to determine whether the session is running interactively.

I am seriously unimpressed with arguments advocating changes in the way the
shell is invoked from people who don't appear to know how to configure
their shell.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if