Re: hurd-i386 updates

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:31:39PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> I've made another patch against current svn. It's much smaller now,
> thanks to Branden's resyncing.

That's good to hear.

> Defining libpng and groff in gnu.cf results in some stuff getting built,
> so MANIFEST.hurd-i386.all is obsolete now and the diff between
> MANIFEST.i386.in and MANIFEST.hurd-i386.in only includes stuff like DRI,
> glide and so on.

Very cool.  It's nice to know there's much more parity now.

> I'm no PAM guru, so I don't know about that change (I've seen Branden
> has marked it as TODO on top of #800),

Technically, it's marked XXX, which means I don't know what to do about it.
I'm leaving it up the actual Hurd porters to tell me.

> but I merged that back from my intial diff and the build was fine (I did
> not try building without 'define PamLibraries'). Changing the cpp command
> line is only needed for k*BSD AFAIK, but it does not hurt to sync that
> with linux.cf as well.

I actually don't understand the above; sorry.

> #803 and #804 are needed to properly build on GNU and are taken out of
> Robert Millan's k*BSD tree.

Okay.

> I've attached the updated fix. It applies and debian/rules setup runs
> throught fine. Note that I did not include the diff to remove
> MANIFEST.hurd-i386.all in order to not bloat it unnecessary. That file
> should just be removed. I can resend the full diff if necessary.

No, that's okay.  I'll also take care of updating the mir-false-* files.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Ignorantia judicis est calamitas