Re: X.org

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 10:27:52PM -0700, William Ballard wrote:
> Is Debian going to switch to X.org?
> This Slashdot article says Slackware is:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/31/2317246&mode=nested&tid=104&tid=106&tid=185&tid=189
> Ananamous Coward writes "Some big distros had already dumped XFree86 for
> X.org for license reasons, but now Slackware, one of the most classical
> and stable ones, has announced in its changelog for slackware-current
> that they are switching to X.org, mostly for compatibility reasons.
> Looks like X.org is now the future of X for Linux ..."
> If this has been discussed here, I totally missed it.

Daniel Stone has made several pronouncements to this list on the

Whether his statements should be taken as binding upon all Debian
Developers, or reflective of the consensus of this mailing list, are
questions I must leave to the reader to resolve.

[1] Message-ID: <20040410102619.GK9974@fooishbar.org>
[2] Message-ID: <20040414022329.GB27591@fooishbar.org>
[3] Message-ID: <20040415041218.GJ10594@fooishbar.org>
[4] Message-ID: <20040517025240.GX17143@fooishbar.org>
[5] Message-ID: <20040519172547.GC520@fooishbar.org>

G. Branden Robinson                |    Somebody once asked me if I thought
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    sex was dirty.  I said, "It is if
branden@debian.org                 |    you're doing it right."
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |    -- Woody Allen