Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: r1498 - trunk/debian

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 02:16:11PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > +In general, Debconf template translations may be incorporated without being
> > +scheduled.  However, the package release manager can put an explicit freeze on
> > +those by marking the package version section accordingly.
> > +
>
> I think we can just incorporate. I can't see anything bad in updating
> translations in general.

The exceptional case I was thinking of was the back-and-forth over the
French translations a few months ago.  Under such circumstances a
release manager would be justified in saying "put this on hold until the
translators are done duking it out".

> Instead we can try to be slightly more proactive in this direction,
> asking translators to keep an eye on trunk when there are changes to
> templates. I used this approch for apache and it worked quite well.

Yes.  I'd like to hold off the push until the overhaul is done, though,
presumably in -6.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     When I die I want to go peacefully
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     in my sleep like my ol' Grand