On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 02:16:11PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote: > > +In general, Debconf template translations may be incorporated without being > > +scheduled. However, the package release manager can put an explicit freeze on > > +those by marking the package version section accordingly. > > + > > I think we can just incorporate. I can't see anything bad in updating > translations in general. The exceptional case I was thinking of was the back-and-forth over the French translations a few months ago. Under such circumstances a release manager would be justified in saying "put this on hold until the translators are done duking it out". > Instead we can try to be slightly more proactive in this direction, > asking translators to keep an eye on trunk when there are changes to > templates. I used this approch for apache and it worked quite well. Yes. I'd like to hold off the push until the overhaul is done, though, presumably in -6. -- G. Branden Robinson | When I die I want to go peacefully Debian GNU/Linux | in my sleep like my ol' Grand firstname.lastname@example.org | Dad...not screaming in terror like http://people.debian.org/~branden/ | his passengers.
Description: Digital signature