Re: Patches from XFree86

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

> --0kRkyLZR5zsR9u2P

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:54:26AM -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> Rather than argue about it(*) simply asking David Dawes for clarification
>> would probably get results.

> Over the past 2--3 months, I and others have tried asking David Dawes,
> and Sue from X-Oz Technologies, Inc., for clarification of several
> issues related to the new licenses used in the XFree86 source
> distribution, and these efforts have failed.

Most of the words I've seen have been asking him to change it.  Here/there
is a request for clarification, but still with a slant toward change.  I'm
curious where all this will lead, but on the whole I find David Dawes more
predictable than the others (so far).

It's likely that a well-defined question (for a yes/no answer) would get
some results.  And as noted before, the appropriate place to ask questions
is not in a newsgroup, but in the forum mailing list.  (I'm not subscribed
to that - don't like interminable arguments ;-).

> I refer you to the archives of the xorg_foundation[1] and
> debian-legal[2] lists for an accounting of the above.

I think I've read most of this (it's possible I'm overlooking something ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net