Re: Patches from XFree86

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 12:57:24AM -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> Perhaps you can point to a specific example.  The only mentions I can
>> recall of copyright changes have been to the Xserver area.

> Here's a list of the relevant changes I know of to date.

The context for this appears to be reinforcement of the copyright changes
already made, since there is no change to the notices within the files.

Rather than argue about it(*) simply asking David Dawes for clarification
would probably get results.

(*) I am reminded of a case where a customer held weekly meetings for several
    months complaining about a technical issue without ever forwarding the
    complaint to the vendor.  By the time they got around to actually doing
    so, they were on the verge of cancelling the contract.  The issue itself
    was fixed in about a day.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net