Re: Patches from XFree86

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:54:26AM -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 12:57:24AM -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >> Perhaps you can point to a specific example.  The only mentions I can
> >> recall of copyright changes have been to the Xserver area.
>
> > Here's a list of the relevant changes I know of to date.
>
> The context for this appears to be reinforcement of the copyright changes
> already made, since there is no change to the notices within the files.
>
> Rather than argue about it(*) simply asking David Dawes for clarification
> would probably get results.

Over the past 2--3 months, I and others have tried asking David Dawes,
and Sue from X-Oz Technologies, Inc., for clarification of several
issues related to the new licenses used in the XFree86 source
distribution, and these efforts have failed.

I refer you to the archives of the xorg_foundation[1] and
debian-legal[2] lists for an accounting of the above.

Given that, it seems less mutually aggravating to stop asking questions
that cannot or will not be answered.  Hand-wringing over why that is the
case seems pointless.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/sophocles/show_archive.tpl?listname=xorg_foundation
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         De minimis non curat lex.