Re: xfonts-base.alias with 8859-15 encodings

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:24:02AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I've posted three times on debian-user about this without any response
> yet, so I hope someone here can give some advice.

Sounds like you made local modifications to the conffile
/etc/X11/fonts/misc/xfonts-base.alias, and dpkg was preserving them.

You probably obliterated the evidence trail by overwriting the file with
a copy extracted from the package, but "dpkg --install --force-confnew"
would have done the same thing.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      A fundamentalist is someone who
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      hates sin more than he loves