Re: PROPOSAL: re-create branches/4.3.0/sid; release off branch instead of trunk

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:49:11PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a little frustrated with the rash of FTBFSes and other problems
> (like the reopening of #215831) that I can't detect on my PowerPC,
> because they occur in code architecture-specific to i386 or SPARC.
>
> I am consequently beginning to see the wisdom in doing what many other
> projects (other than XFree86 itself) do:
>
> * Don't release off the trunk.
> * Merge only known-working fixes onto a release branch.
> * Tag releases from the branch, not the trunk.
>
> Comments?  If I don't get any, I'll go ahead and do it, but don't let
> that stop you from expressing your assent, if you feel it.  :)

Sounds good to me.

And maybe someday soon, I can get the netbsd-i386 stuff back to building
X (which I haven't tried since the 4.3.99 days). Gah. Would help if work
didn't keep throwing heart-attack deadlines at me.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/NetBSD(i386) porter                                       : :' :