PROPOSAL: re-create branches/4.3.0/sid; release off branch instead of trunk

Hi guys,

I'm a little frustrated with the rash of FTBFSes and other problems
(like the reopening of #215831) that I can't detect on my PowerPC,
because they occur in code architecture-specific to i386 or SPARC.

I am consequently beginning to see the wisdom in doing what many other
projects (other than XFree86 itself) do:

* Don't release off the trunk.
* Merge only known-working fixes onto a release branch.
* Tag releases from the branch, not the trunk.

Comments?  If I don't get any, I'll go ahead and do it, but don't let
that stop you from expressing your assent, if you feel it.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur.