[mga][ds4] xmodmap not working anymore ?

When trying to insert my personal modmap, I stumbled on the following
problem (xfree 4.3 from ds4): X suddenly took 100% of CPU (even tough
top indicated only 50%), and after a while the computer became totally
non-reactive (for a while, the server kept on moving the mouse).

I am competent enough to turn my xmodmap into a xkb file (which I did,
and I have now even more ideas of stupid keyboard customization), but
people will have trouble with that.

Is it a known bug ? Btw, where should bugs for ds4 or (soon)
experimental be filed (I think there is no experimental tag in the BTS)?

Sincerly,
--
JCD