Re: XSF revision 238

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:12:25AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> >   I think there are three points of issue related it.
> >
> >  1) We will ship libGLU or not?
> >
> >     Perhaps, YES.
> >     I agree your point,  currenlty We can not disable libGLU
> >     cleanly (described one more problem on 2).
>
> Assuming 2) is solved, are there other reasons we can't disable it
> cleanly? I'm honestly curious.

I don't know of any.  It's enough of a problem.

Until 2) is resolved I believe we should continue to ship GLU library
packages.

> >  2) Build without BuildGLULibrary is not easy.
> >
> >     Even if we decide libGLU will not ship, we need some more changes
> >     to solve problems
> >
> >     After my roughly review, another problem is found,
> >     glxinfo will be built disabling GLU support without
> >     libGLULibrary. So, current branches/4.3.0/sid/debian/ settings
> >     does break glxinfo compatibility between previous release.
>
> Does this require more changes than build-depending on libglu-dev (and
> possibly some config/cf/ fiddling)?

Not as far as I know, but these are not charted waters, and Imake can be
perverse.

I think we just need someone to establish a branch, roll up his sleeves,
and get to work.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Music is the brandy of the damned.