Re: X Strike Force SVN commit: rev 175 - branches/4.3.0/sid/debian

>> Branden,
>>     Is this part still needed?

>> +  * #003_linux.cf_and_xfree86.cf.diff:
>> +    - Always disable `FontLibSharedFreeType' for compatiblity between
>> +      normal XFree86 server and XFree86-dbg server.
>> +      We should drop this change, when we can build the Loader Server
>> +      liked against external FreeType2                      [ISHIKAWA Mutsimi]
>> +
>>
>> The offending cvs changes were regressed out in the latest 2.1.4-4
>> freetype package. The compilation error doesn't occur anymore
>> when building last weeks XFree86 4.3.0-0pre1v1 and the resulting
>> XFree86 packages seem to work fine.

 There are two purposes in this change.

 1) FreeType2 incompatible problem between freetype 2.1.4-2 and
   2.1.4-3, you described above. It is solved by freetype2_2.1.4-4
   package.

 2) We would like to use same FreeType2 code between Normal Loader X
   Server (included in xserver-xfree86 package) and Static build
   Debug X server (included in xserver-xfree86-dbg.
    Static build X server can build with external shared FreeType2
   library, but curretly we can not build X loader server with
   external FreeType2 shared library(X loader server's freetype font
   backend module uses `source code level inclusion' scheme of
   FreeType2).
    FreeType2 code included in xfree86 source tree and libfreetype6's
   one are not same (diffrent version and too difficult to sync..),
   so if debug X server linked with external FreeType2 and normal
   loader server does not, we can not debug X server internal
   FreeType2 related thigs.

 Yes, 1) problem is gone. But 2) problem is remaing.

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>, <ishikawa@debian.org>, <ishikawa@netvillage.co.jp>