Re: Radeon 9k: monitor switches off

[forgot to CC this to debian-x]

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 02:37, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > I have a weird problem with Radeon 9000: monitor switches off for a few
> > seconds during xserver startup. It happens every time the xserver is
> > started or restarted, screen goes black, then after 5-10 seconds monitor
> > switches off and, after another few seconds, it goes on again.
> >
> > The problem doesn't show when I use official distribution from
> > xfree86.org or ATI's binary drivers so I suspect it's is caused by one
> > of Debian patches.
> >
> > I tried, thanks to Michel D?nzer and Hui Yu, options MonitorLayout and
> > IgnoreEDID, but those didn't help.
> >
> > I'm using Daniel's 4.3.0-0ds4 debs.
>
> Hmm, odd - I'm using a 9000 myself here at home, and it works fine, with

I know at least one more guy who has this problems (9000 pro this time).

> none of the behaviour you report. Here's my Device section:
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Radeon 9000"
>         Driver          "radeon"
>         Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
>         Option          "AGPSize"               "64"
>         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
>         Option          "EnableDepthMoves"
>         Option          "EnablePageFlip"
> EndSection

Mine is:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Radeon 9000"
        Driver          "radeon"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
        VideoRam        65536
#       Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
        Option          "AGPSize"               "64"
        Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
        Option          "MonitorLayout"         "CRT,NONE"
EndSection

I don't have framebuffer compiled into kernel.

My logs can be found at: http://www.m00se.neostrada.pl/XFree86.0.log

--
[Krzysztof Luks]
[kluks<at>iq.pl]