Radeon 9k: monitor switches off

Hi,
I have a weird problem with Radeon 9000: monitor switches off for a few
seconds during xserver startup. It happens every time the xserver is
started or restarted, screen goes black, then after 5-10 seconds monitor
switches off and, after another few seconds, it goes on again.

The problem doesn't show when I use official distribution from
xfree86.org or ATI's binary drivers so I suspect it's is caused by one
of Debian patches.

I tried, thanks to Michel Dänzer and Hui Yu, options MonitorLayout and
IgnoreEDID, but those didn't help.

I'm using Daniel's 4.3.0-0ds4 debs.

PS Please CC me when replaying.

--