Re: Radeon 9k: monitor switches off

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:10:37PM +0200, Krzysztof Luks wrote:
> I have a weird problem with Radeon 9000: monitor switches off for a few
> seconds during xserver startup. It happens every time the xserver is
> started or restarted, screen goes black, then after 5-10 seconds monitor
> switches off and, after another few seconds, it goes on again.
>
> The problem doesn't show when I use official distribution from
> xfree86.org or ATI's binary drivers so I suspect it's is caused by one
> of Debian patches.
>
> I tried, thanks to Michel D?nzer and Hui Yu, options MonitorLayout and
> IgnoreEDID, but those didn't help.
>
> I'm using Daniel's 4.3.0-0ds4 debs.

Hmm, odd - I'm using a 9000 myself here at home, and it works fine, with
none of the behaviour you report. Here's my Device section:
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Radeon 9000"
        Driver          "radeon"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
        Option          "AGPSize"               "64"
        Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
        Option          "EnableDepthMoves"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip"
EndSection

--