Re: Radeon 9000

On 02 May 2003 12:14:18 +0200
Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:

> > I tried the driver/chipset trick, but it just doesn't work out with
> > 4.2.1.1, starting xserver fails with:
> >
> > 	(EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
> > 	(EE) RADEON(0): [drm] failed to remove DRM signal handler
>
> It doesn't fail due to this, it just means the DRI is disabled. Make
> sure the kernel agpgart driver is loaded before the radeon DRM.

Yes, that was it. Thanks a lot!

I just thought agpgart would be loaded automatically. One thing I'm
missing is that there's no dependency to xfonts-base, it's only
"suggested" by the moment. I guess this is due it can also be provided
by a xfonts server. But would a Debian specific patch with a hint to
install the xfonts-base package in such cases be a bad idea? Just
wondering...

Regards
Christian