Re: Radeon 9000

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 01:39:22 +1000
Daniel Stone <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Sorry, I was looking at the Subversion repository: the Radeon 9000
> support was included in 4.2.1-6pre7v2, which was never actually
> released, so no Debian 4.2.1 version has support for the 9000 series.
> You can either try Sven's trick, or upgrade to 4.3 for the time being.

I tried the driver/chipset trick, but it just doesn't work out with
4.2.1.1, starting xserver fails with:

	(EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
	(EE) RADEON(0): [drm] failed to remove DRM signal handler

Kernel is compiled with agpgart and DRM 4.1 support for Radeon cards, so
maybe it's the fact that I'm actually using a Radeon 9000 Mobility or is
there anything else I can try? (except coping with the code - that would
consume too much time)

Or where can I get Daniel's 4.3 debs? Maybe I can finally solve it with
his packages. Or are there already new (experimental) packages from
Branden/Daniel somewhere?

Thanks
Christian