Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:26:44AM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 05:06:49PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Well, you can upload it to an external repository and put it on
> > apt-get.org. XFree86 4.3, as it stands, cannot enter Debian until hppa,
> > sh3, sh4, mips, mipsel, m68k and arm porters have a bash at it. s390 and
> > hurd-i386 ports are underway (hi guys! haven't forgotten you), but yeah.
> > Not near complete yet.
>
> at least on the mips(el) end things can't be that bad. I'm running 4.3.0
> for months now.

Have you ever considered porting work? It rocks! :)

> > I can do most everything but the porting. If anyone wants to port to any
> > of the architectures listed above, *please* contact me. The Debian diffs
> > most likely won't enter 4.3; myself and Mike Harris sat down and decided
> > which patches to submit upstream, and submitted them, before 4.3.0. A
> > few got submitted, a few got rejected, that's how it goes.
> It's kind of hard for porters to:
>  - know about the issues at all if you don't contact
>    debian-<arch>@lists.debian.org

The last 4 times I tried debian-ports, it got crossassassinated. I gave
up after that.

>  - decide if they should spend time on your 4.3.0 packages if it's not
>    clear what Branden will do in this regard. Will he pick up your
>    packages or will he start from his current 4.2.1 packages?

Branden and I are already working actively on merging our trees in a
Subversion repository
(http://deadbeast.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xfree86).

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>