/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1

Greetings.

1. I don't know whether this is the proper forum, so please inform me if I'm in the wrong place.
2. I believe I have a bug, but don't know where to report it (tips on how to find which package a file is a part of would be greatly helpful).

The problem is with the following error:

relocation error: /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1: undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0

I get it with several applications (xawtv, xscreensaver and cube, to name a few).  It just appeared after my most recent update from unstable, and it prevents the applications from running.

I'm using nVidia's GL libraries, but from what I've read this is an X library.  One of the more helpful messages I've found on the subject can be found here:

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2002/12/0103.html

The actual library file I have is named /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1.3.500.
I've briefly subscribed to the list to aid in the repair of this problem.

Take care.
chris horn.