Re: /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1

Please keep me on the Cc:

>> "chris horn." <chorn@alumni.brown.edu> writes:

 > relocation error: /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1: undefined symbol:
 > __gxx_personality_v0

 That's mighty bad.

 That symbol comes from libstdc++

 > I get it with several applications (xawtv, xscreensaver and cube, to name a
 > few).  It just appeared after my most recent update from unstable, and it
 > prevents the applications from running.

 Can you please give us the version number for those packages?  You can
 get that with something like:

 $ dpkg -S `which xscreensaver` | cut -d: -f 1
 xscreensaver

 That's the package that contains the program 'xscreensaver', and then

 $ dpkg -l xscreensaver
 ii  xscreensaver   4.05-10        Automatic screensaver for X

 Where does the libGLU come from?

 $ dpkg -S /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
 xlibmesa3-glu: /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1

 $ dpkg -l xlibmesa3-glu
 ii  xlibmesa3-glu  4.2.1-5        Mesa OpenGL utility library [XFree86]

 With that setup, xscreesaver is working fine for me.  I tried with
 atlantis and a couple of other OpenGL hacks (C and C++).

--
Marcelo