Re: Possible bug in handling of .Xresources?

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:19:32PM +0100, jmarant@nerim.net wrote:
>> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> a ?crit :
>>

>> > Is your .Xresources file respected if you log in with xdm instead of
>> > startx?
>>
>> I've just installed xdm and it seems that .Xresources
>> is respected. Are you suspecting something?
>
> (Your mailer isn't very good with In-Reply-To: headers...)

  My apologies. I can't expect anything from a poor webmailer I have
  to use sometimes.

> Yes.  You probably have a $HOME/.xinitrc that is telling startx to
> completely ignore the system startup files, exactly as it's supposed to.
> That's why .Xresources isn't being merged.  man xinit.
>
> (.Xdefaults files are client-side application-defaults; they are not
> loaded into the X server as X resources are.)
>
> Alternatively, your /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc may not be stock.

  I got it. I was mistaken since I thought .xinitrc and .xsession had
  to be the same file. I removed .xinitrc and everything works fine
  now.

  Thank you for your help and patience.

  Cheers,

--