Re: Possible bug in handling of .Xresources?

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:19:32PM +0100, jmarant@nerim.net wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> a ?crit :
>

> > Is your .Xresources file respected if you log in with xdm instead of
> > startx?
>
> I've just installed xdm and it seems that .Xresources
> is respected. Are you suspecting something?

(Your mailer isn't very good with In-Reply-To: headers...)

Yes.  You probably have a $HOME/.xinitrc that is telling startx to
completely ignore the system startup files, exactly as it's supposed to.
That's why .Xresources isn't being merged.  man xinit.

(.Xdefaults files are client-side application-defaults; they are not
loaded into the X server as X resources are.)

Alternatively, your /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc may not be stock.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Damnit, we're all going to die;
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    let's die doing something *useful*!