Re: matlab over ssh (x11 forwarding)

I've talked with an administrator at the UMich labs, and he said he was
able to reproduce the problem on linux machines (which run a Redhat 7.2
derivative) with nvidia binary drivers when trying to connect to SUN
machines.

(bash-2.05$ uname -a
SunOS and.engin.umich.edu 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-5_10)

He added, though, that connecting to other linux machines and running
matlab works fine.  I'm using a GeForce2MX, and the available versions
of matlab on university systems are: 4.2, 5.3.1, 6.1, and 6.5, all of
which I have tried and don't work.

--Greg