RE: Matrox 450DH + X

More information:

I have been working with "Ben" on the matrox forum.  He pointed out a few
things that might be usefull to other Debian users.

1.)  The vertrefresh that I specified under the monitors section was 50-160.
Matrox changed this setting to 50-85 citing, "i lowered it as past 90hz
there are display issues that seem to crop up."  Hum, interesting.

2.)  In section Module he removed the following:
        GLCore
        bitmap
        ddc
        int10
        record
        speedo
        vbe

      but left:
        dbe
        dri
        extmode
        freetype
        glx
        type1

I asked why these were removed and the explination was, "What i remove was
loaded by automatically as needed, i only left what is actually needs to be
loaded."

Can anyone here elaborate on this?  Or even better point me to a link that
explaines what these Modules do.

Michael