RE: Matrox 450DH + X

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002 4:02 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>On Mit, 2002-11-20 at 05:25, Michael Kahle wrote:
>
>> Section "Device"
>> 	Identifier	"Matrox 450DH"
>> 	Driver		"mga"
>> 	BusID		"PCI:1:0:0"
>> 	VideoRam	64
>> EndSection
>
>[...]
>
>> (**) MGA(0): VideoRAM: 64 kByte
>
>I'm sure your card has more than that. :) Fix the VideoRam directive or
>better leave it out, the driver should detect the correct amount
>automatically.

Oops.  :)  Thanks!  No wonder it could not fine a valid mode.  Ok, so now
the screen shows up but it has wavy lines vertically in the background?  Its
running TWM right now and if I launch emacs it doesn't look wavy but the
gray background looks wavy.  Does that make any sense?  Is the resolution
too high?

Weird.

Michael