Re: xfree86 4.2.1-0pre1v1 available at the X Strike Force
- To: Branden Robinson <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: xfree86 4.2.1-0pre1v1 available at the X Strike Force
- From: Richard Zidlicky <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:25:14 +0200
- Message-id: <20021022112514.C568@linux-m68k.org>
- In-reply-to: <20021021192839.GI30774@deadbeast.net>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:28:39PM -0500
- References: <20020908014410.GA13054@deadbeast.net> <20020911174357.5E69F8DC22@master.hanzubon.org> <20020911185454.GC4963@deadbeast.net> <20021021184603.A4818@linux-m68k.org> <20021021192839.GI30774@deadbeast.net>
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:28:39PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 06:46:03PM +0200, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> > I have tested the various releases on m68k, so far it seems
> > the module loading in the X server is still broken on the 68060.
> > The statically linked server works fine, would it be possible to
> > make that the default for the m68k until module loading is fixed?
> What do you mean by "default"?
currently I have to install xserver-xfree86-dbg to get a working
server. For m68k it would be better to build xserver-xfree86 with
all drivers and modules statically linked into the server.
> Also, please mail debian-x instead of me privately.
sorry, I was convinced it was on the cc list.