Re: bug in X?

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:25:12AM +0200, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> I've just updated to the last version of x backported for woody, 4.2.1-3

Those packages are unofficial and even the guy who built them won't
support them.  At least if they're the ones I think they are.

> When I try to launch openoffice I've got the following error:
>
> bott@dirac:~ > openoffice
> I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "it_IT.ISO-8859-15@euro"
> Aborted
> bott@dirac:~ >
>
> If I do `export LC_ALL="C"' everything goes well.
>
> Is there something missing in X?

I don't think so.

I'll note, however, that you should be using "it_IT@euro" instead of
what you're using.

Note that if GNU LibC doesn't have this locale compiled, it won't work
anyway.  Xlib relies on the underlying C library for locale support.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    that reading it will cause an