Re: Radeon screen corruption

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 15:11, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> What about Option "XaaNoPixmapCache" and/or Option
> "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps"?

Both of them together do the trick, for both 4.2.1-0pre1v2 and your
-dri-trunk packages; thank you! Using each one on its own doesn't appear
to help.

> One possible cause for such corruption is forcing the wrong amount of
> video RAM in the device section.

My card has 32MB; I tried with and without "VideoRam 32768" - both
yielded the same result (without using any Option "Xaa*").

> If that's not it, it's probably a
> radeon driver 2D acceleration bug which should be fixed in current DRI
> and XFree86 CVS. You could try my DRI CVS snapshot packages at

I tried them but they don't help the problem unless I use the Xaa
options you gave above.  They are also not very stable for me.

> but then you'd have to figure out how to integrate the nvidia driver
> with those.

Just using Nvidia's makefile seems to work, but then the Radeon doesn't
want to do GL.  Which is to be expected, of course.

If my machine happens to be an interesting debugging case, I can give
more information if you'd like.  Thanks again for the help!

--
Tom Joseph
Archive Maintainer