Re: Radeon screen corruption

On Sam, 2002-10-05 at 20:43, Tom Joseph wrote:
> (I apologize if this isn't the correct list to ask - I would really
> appreciate being told where the correct place is.)
>
> I have a dual-head setup, with an AGP Geforce card and a PCI Radeon QD,
> with the latest Nvidia binary driver and the ati driver supplied with
> XFree86 (Branden's 4.2.1-0pre1v2).
>
> This has been stable so far, but the Radeon has a lot of screen
> corruption.  Here is a screenshot:
>
> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~ttjoseph/radeon/snapshot1.png
>
> The corruption goes away if I use 'Option "XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy"' but
> then screen updates are annoyingly slow.

What about Option "XaaNoPixmapCache" and/or Option
"XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps"?

> If I switch from the "nvidia" driver to the "nv" driver, the problem
> remains.
>
> Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks for any help.

One possible cause for such corruption is forcing the wrong amount of
video RAM in the device section. If that's not it, it's probably a
radeon driver 2D acceleration bug which should be fixed in current DRI
and XFree86 CVS. You could try my DRI CVS snapshot packages at

deb	http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-trunk/	./

but then you'd have to figure out how to integrate the nvidia driver
with those.