Radeon screen corruption

(I apologize if this isn't the correct list to ask - I would really
appreciate being told where the correct place is.)

I have a dual-head setup, with an AGP Geforce card and a PCI Radeon QD,
with the latest Nvidia binary driver and the ati driver supplied with
XFree86 (Branden's 4.2.1-0pre1v2).

This has been stable so far, but the Radeon has a lot of screen
corruption.  Here is a screenshot:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~ttjoseph/radeon/snapshot1.png

The corruption goes away if I use 'Option "XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy"' but
then screen updates are annoyingly slow.  If I switch from the "nvidia"
driver to the "nv" driver, the problem remains.

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks for any help.

--
Tom Joseph
Archive Maintainer