Re: xft and xfree86-truetype-fonts

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 06:08:56AM +0200, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
> The TrueType fonts from xfree86-truetype-fonts[1] are in
> xfree86-nonfree-truetype[2].  xft[3] contains the new Xft stuff from
> http://keithp.com/fonts/, AFAIK it's not available in a Debian package
> yet.

Ah, that stuff.

I've been watching Keith's commit messages with great interest.  It does
look like cool stuff but he's still chasing the bugs out of it.

I'd rather wait until Keith has given some indication that the code is
stable before I'd even want to consider patching up to it.

Most likely, the best approach is just to get it with the rest of 4.3.0
when that is released.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I had thought very carefully about
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     comitting hara-kiri over this, but