Re: xft and xfree86-truetype-fonts

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:17:07PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 06:08:56AM +0200, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
> > The TrueType fonts from xfree86-truetype-fonts[1] are in
> > xfree86-nonfree-truetype[2].  xft[3] contains the new Xft stuff from
> > http://keithp.com/fonts/, AFAIK it's not available in a Debian package
> > yet.
>
> Ah, that stuff.
>
> I've been watching Keith's commit messages with great interest.  It does
> look like cool stuff but he's still chasing the bugs out of it.

Thanks for the info guys. Next time, I'll just look more closely at
the rpm. I figured there was just some reason it wasn't included. I'm
a little bit familiar with the patent problems associated with
truetype fonts and apple, so I thought that this might be the
problem.

Tomorrow when I have a redhat machine handy, I'll take a look at the
copyright on those fonts.

> I'd rather wait until Keith has given some indication that the code is
> stable before I'd even want to consider patching up to it.
>
> Most likely, the best approach is just to get it with the rest of 4.3.0
> when that is released.

Don't you think that we could include it now in testing or in
unstable? I'll probably be making a deb package for it for lindows, so
if you're interested, let me know and I'll post it somewhere so people
can test it.

michael

--
michael cardenas