xdm in 4.2.0-0pre1v1

I don't know if it's just me that has messed up my configuration or a
real problem. But after I updated to X 4.2 the installation of xdm
looks like the default one with the XFree86 logo and logging in just
bounces me back to the same login screen.

Package: xdm
Version: 4.2.0-0pre1v1
Section: x11
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Depends: debconf (>> 0.5), xbase-clients, cpp, libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libpam0g (>= 0.72-1), libxaw7 (>> 4.1.0), xlibs (>> 4.1.0)
Suggests: xutils
Provides: x-display-manager
Replaces: xbase (<< 3.3.2.3a-2), xbase-clients (<< 4.0.1pre2.RC4)
Architecture: i386
Filename: sid/i386//xdm_4.2.0-0pre1v1_i386.deb
Size: 156504
MD5sum: c657a6902fa2a394a7a0f81e48da6c1d
 xdm manages a collection of X servers, which may be on the local host or
 remote machines.  It provides services similar to those provided by init,
 getty, and login on character-based terminals: prompting for login name and
 password, authenticating the user, and running a session.  xdm supports XDMCP
 (X Display Manager Control Protocol) and can also be used to run a chooser
 process which presents the user with a menu of possible hosts that offer
 XDMCP display management.
 .
 If the xutils package is installed, xdm can use the sessreg utility to
 register login sessions to the system utmp file; this, however, is not
 necessary for xdm to function.
installed-size: 656
source: xfree86

--
Mvh|Regards, Lars
System administrator     | Student
Bioinformatics Centre    | Department of Computer Science
University of Copenhagen | University of Copenhagen
http://www.binf.ku.dk    | http://www.diku.dk
When's the last time you used duct tape on a duct? -- Larry Wall