Re: discover, read-edid, mdetect selection in base-config

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 10:17:17AM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:

>> Are read-edid and mdetect useful for configuring XFree86 4.1.0?
>> Doesn't "XFree86 -configure" do a better job?

> You tell me.

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=77120&repeatmerged=yes
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=124247&repeatmerged=yes

> A configuration process that segfaults.  Mmmmm, good!

I would have tried with "maybe upstream's fixed this?", except 4.2.0
died on me two days ago, because it didn't recognize a GeForce4
card...:-)

But when it works, which it has usually done for me, it creates good
XF86Config files needing a minimum of tinkering (usually finding vsync
and hsync for older monitors).