Re: discover, read-edid, mdetect selection in base-config

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:05:10PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> And it's a bunch of special purpose code I would like to avoid
> maintaining, if there is any better way anyone can think of.

How about an additional package instead, e.g. xserver-xfree86-autodetect,
that pre-depends on the detection packages and depends on xserver-xfree86?
Architectures that don't support autodetection can omit the packages from
the dependencies of xserver-xfree86-autodetect for that arch.  And the base
install can select that package instead.

I'm not sure that my assumption about the order of installation of packages
with these dependencies is correct, so this may not work.

Chris