Re: kdm/wdm and ~/.xsession

Branden Robinson wrote:
gdm ignores it, too.

I went to all this trouble to make session management nice for the
various and sundry desktops in Debian, and then all the other display
managers force people into the corresponding desktop environment at
gunpoint ("because that's what upstream does").

I use gdm and last time I tried it worked fine if you select "Debian" from the "Session" menu in gdm. Sucks that it's not the default, but it isn't exactly "at gunpoint", at least.

I can't speak for any of the others, and I'm just a user anyway.

Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions
(215) 283-2300, ext. 126