Re: kdm/wdm and ~/.xsession

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:54:06PM +0100, Dave Swegen wrote:
> Not sure if I'm being thick here (probably), but I can't get either kdm
> or wdm to read ~/.xsession. /etc/X11/Xsession/Xsession.options contains
> allow-user-xsession, and xdm works fine. Thought I'd check here before
> filing it as a bug against those two packages.

gdm ignores it, too.

I went to all this trouble to make session management nice for the
various and sundry desktops in Debian, and then all the other display
managers force people into the corresponding desktop environment at
gunpoint ("because that's what upstream does").

Oh well.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Any man who does not realize that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    he is half an animal is only half a