Re: ITITP: xprint (X.org)

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 12:02:13PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 06:51:42PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> > Um, as a potential user (in the my-package-depends-on sense), it would
> > be nice if there were a virtual packagename (or something similar)
> > that I could depend on.  Right now, the x.org version could provide
> > that dependency, and later, when/if the XF86 version gets fixed, it
> > could also provide the same.
>
> Sounds reasonable.  Branden can decide if he'd prefer to leave the current
> xprt to contain the XFree86 binary, or transform it into the virtual
> package, and I'll fit in accordingly. Seems to me though that xprint would
> be the appropriate name for the virtual package, in which case xprt could
> stay as xprt, just changing the Provides: field etc.

This approach sounds the best to me.  I hate to disrupt the xprt
package, even if no one actually uses it.

Are you comfortable with calling the X.Org XPRINT server binary
"Xprt-Xorg" or something similar?

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to rename the server binary
entirely to emphasize its rebirth, but that decision is best left to the
upstream authors.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     redeemed.  God loves us, so He