Re: ati rage 128 pro ultra tf on X4.1.0

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Bryan K. Walton wrote:

>Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:20:19 -0500
>From: Bryan K. Walton <thisisnotmyid@tds.net>
>To: debian-x@lists.debian.org
>Subject: ati rage 128 pro ultra tf on X4.1.0
>
>Quick question.  From what I can tell, the ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF AGP
>video card is not supported by X 4.1.0.  It looks like 4.1 was released
>in June of 2001 and this card was not officially supported by the
>XFree86 team until July of 2001.  I assume that the 4.2 package supports
>this card.
>
>The 4.1 debs are complaining that the device isn't found when I try to
>startx X.  Now, I threw the card into a friends Red Hat 7.2 box running
>Xfree86 4.1 and it works in that box.
>
>Does anyone have any input about what is going on here?  Did RedHat
>backport support for this card into their 4.1 rpms?  Or is something
>wrong with what I am doing?

ATI submitted the support patches for this hardware to us for
testing a few days prior to submitting to XFree86.org for
inclusion in official XFree86 sources.

Red Hat Linux XFree86 4.1.0 contains these patches which provide
support for the TF card, as well as various other cards.  All of
this code is in the official 4.2.0 release also.  If you'd like,
I can email you the ATI support patch from our sources.

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,