ATI Radeon 7500 PCI

        First I tried to get the PCI card to work with the Gatos "ati.2" driver.
They say that Dpkg and RPM both install the Xfree86 in unique places.
Their drivers are based on 4.1.99.  Does anybody know of a way to install
the "ati.2" project while using the debian installation of XFree86x that's
already on my system?
        Second I went ahead and downloaded Xfree86 and compiled it myself.
Xfree86 4.2.0 says it supports Radeon cards.  Does it in fact support the
PCI version?  I can't start "XFree86 -configure" or any of the graphical
configuration tools.  I accidentally deleted "xfree86config" and even after
installing new "XFree86" versions it hasn't reappeared.  Is there somewhere to download "xf86config" so i can
see if my card is on the list?
  So the basic question is, "is it possible to get my PCI Radeon card
working?"

Thanks,
Nathan